2015 SLOCAN VALLEY AIR BAND / LIP SYNC CONTEST
Looking for information about the 2016 Air Band Competition? Click here: http://slocanlakechamber.com/2016-big-air-band-competition/
Saturday, April 25, 2015
Silverton Memorial Hall
Air Band is your chance to perform like your favourite rock star! Individuals or groups perform their song with choreographed dance moves and lip syncing to the original artists. Be wild! Be adventurous! Get your act together today!
- Registration will be held from March 30 to April 10, 2015. Registration fee is $5 / person competing. Forms and information available at the Valley Voice, the Slocan District Chamber of Commerce (SDCC) website SlocanLake.com, or by phone to Norma at 250-226-7967.
- All ages and abilities welcome. Coaching and direction is available by appointment with Norma at 250-226-7967.
- Song time limit is 4 minutes maximum. You provide the music – songs in mp3 or CD format are required. All types of music welcome but no obscenities permitted (this is an all-ages show). The SDCC reserves the right to refuse any song that is not appropriate for the activity.
- Make your own instruments; no real instruments allowed. Instruments not required.
- All contestants will perform their act Saturday, April 18, 2015 at a technical rehearsal between 1:00 p.m. and 5:00 p.m. at the Silverton Memorial Hall. You will be notified of your specific time by April 15.
- All contestants will perform their act at a Saturday, April 25, 2015 at a dress rehearsal between 2:00 p.m. and 5:00 p.m. at the Silverton Memorial Hall. There will be a dinner break from 5:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. Contestants are required to return to the Hall by 7:00 p.m. for the competition.
- Contestants will be judged on: Costume, Choreography, Lip-Sync Ability, and Overall Performance. There will be cash prizes for 1st ($100), 2nd ($50), and 3rd ($25) places as determined by a panel of 3 judges. An additional prize will be awarded for Audience Favourite.
- Advance tickets are $10 for adults and $6 for youth 16 and under; tickets at the door are $12 for adults, $8 for youth. Tickets will be available on March 30 at New Market Foods, Silverton Building Supplies, the Winlaw Mini-Mart, and Mountain Valley Station in Slocan.
This is a fundraiser for the Slocan District Chamber of Commerce (SDCC) and its community projects. Thank you for your support!
Download a Registration Form Here: Air Band Registration Form